Baked Parmesan Hash Browns Recipe – Learn how to make hash browns the easy way. Get crisp golden edges and soft centers in this hash brown recipe. Make-ahead and bake on the day of the party!
20 ounce bag hash brown potatoes
1 cup sliced green onions (optional)
½ cup Kraft grated parmesan cheese or real grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon cracked sepepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Defrost the potatoes overnight in the fridge.
- Spray your non-stick muffin tins with coconut oil non-stick spray.
- Press potatoes really dry (this helps them crisp) in a large mixing bowl with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels. Or, you can also use a salad spinner to help dry the potatoes.
- In a large bowl, mix the potatoes, green onions, parmesan cheese, sea salt, cracked pepper, and olive oil till well combined.
- Scoop into well sprayed muffin tin, and evenly distribute all the hash browns each cup, and press down just a little bit, this helps them form their shape and bake.
- Bake 45 minutes at 400 degrees until crispy.
- Store leftovers (if any!) in the fridge and reheat in the microwave. These make a great on the go breakfast for school or work and can be served with dinner too!
These can easily be prepped in the muffin tin the night before:
Step 1: Fill the muffin tin to the top with the hash brown potato mixture, and press with a spoon spatula to level, this helps them crisp and take shape, and cover with plastic wrap. Keep in the fridge overnight.
Step 2: When you are ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap, and pop in the oven to bake and bake 45-60 minutes at 400 degrees until crispy.
The Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns (brand) are dry out of the package saving a step. These are fresh and sold next to the eggs in your store.
You can use any frozen hash brown potatoes. If you use frozen hash browns, the trick is to dry them using a salad spinner to get the water off, or a clean dish towel or paper towels to dry them. This helps them crisp to a golden brown!
You can grate regular Russet potatoes, soak in water at least 15 minutes (but better overnight), dry very well, and use in this recipe.
Are optional, they will turn dark brown, but they taste great!
This recipe calls for parmesan cheese, but you could sub grated Romano or any cheese you like. Readers have left comments they love cheddar cheese and other cheese blends. Although I haven’t tested this in my kitchen, I am sure these would be great to serve with grilled steaks for dinner. Oh YUM! Potatoes and steaks go great together. Just spray the pan really well.
Store leftovers (if any!) in the fridge and reheat in the microwave. These make great on the go breakfast items and can be served with dinner too.
Keywords: Hash Brown Recipes, Breakfast Recipes, Dinner Recipes