1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp cold water
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and minced
2 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp white pepper
4 chicken breasts cut into chunky strips
1 tbsp sesame seeds
Small bunch scallions, chopped
TO SERVE INGREDIENTS
Green veg – such as broccoli and kale
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the cornstarch and cold water in a small saucepan and stir together to combine.
- Add in the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, minced garlic, ginger, honey and pepper.
- Stir together and heat, stirring slowly until the sauce comes to a boil. Turn off the heat.
- Place the chunks of chicken in an oven-proof dish. Pour over the sauce and stir if needed to make sure all of the chicken is coated in the sauce.
- Place in the oven (no lid needed) to cook for 30-35 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking to ensure the top of the chicken doesn’t get too dark. Check the chicken is cooked by cutting open a large piece and ensuring it’s no longer pink in the middle (place back in the oven for another few minutes if it is).
- Serve the chicken with boiled rice and green veg, topped with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
Original recipe visit: Baked Teriyaki Chicken @ centercutcook.com