Easy Blackberry Pie Bars – Crumbly, tender pie crust and sweet juicy blackberries combine to make these easy Blackberry Pie Bars! Enjoy all the deliciousness of pie without rolling out the pie dough!
Yield: 12 pie bars
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest and juice of one lemon, divided
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a food processor, pulse together flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, cinnamon salt and lemon zest. Add the butter, egg and vanilla extra. Pulsing until dough is crumbly.
- Pat half of dough into the bottom of the prepared pan, saving the remaining dough for the topping.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently mix in the blackberries. Sprinkle the blackberry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown (you are only looking for the top to slightly brown, if you cook for too long – the bottom will burn).
- Cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container.