½ cup salted butter, softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup butterscotch chips
Optional, Serve with Ice Cream and Butterscotch Sauce
½ cup salted butter, at room temperature
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup heavy cream
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the butter, sugar and brown sugar to a mixing bowl and cream together until very smooth. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder and stir until combined. Fold in butterscotch chips (keep a small handful to sprinkle on top).
- Spread into a greased square (8 or 9 inch) baking pan and bake for 38-34 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into bars.
- For the Butterscotch Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar, cream and salt and stir well with a wooden spoon until blended. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and boil for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Serve warm over ice cream.
- To store, refrigerate sauce in an air-tight container.
Original recipe visit: Butterscotch Blondies @ tastesbetterfromscratch.com