Buttery Soft Pretzel Bites Recipe – These buttery soft pretzel bites are quick and easy to make, customizable with your favorite seasonings, and irresistibly delicious — especially with some hot cheese dip or mustard!
Buttery Soft Pretzel Bites Recipe
yield: 12 SERVINGS
1 1/2 cups warm (110 to 115°F) milk*
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons coarse sea salt*, plus extra for sprinkling
1 (0.25-ounce) package active dry yeast
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more if needed
2 tablespoons melted butter, plus extra for brushing
9 cups water
1/2 cup baking soda
1 large egg (whisked with 1 tablespoon water)
- Mix the dough. Whisk together the warm milk, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl (or in the bowl of a stand mixer). Sprinkle the yeast on top, and wait 5 minutes for the yeast to activate.
- Knead the dough. Add the flour and melted butter. Then either (a) use a spoon to mix everything in until combined, and then use your hands to knead the dough for about 4 minutes until it is smooth, adding a bit more flour if the dough is too sticky or (b) if using a stand mixer, place the dough hook on the mixer and mix on medium speed for 4 minutes until the dough is smooth, adding a bit more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Let the dough rise. Transfer the dough to a lightly-oiled bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let the dough rest for 20 to 30 minutes in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
- Heat oven. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Prepare the boiling water solution. Combine the water and baking soda in a stockpot or very large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Form the pretzel bites. READ MORE
Recipe by: gimmesomeoven.com