4 skinless chicken breasts
kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 large garlic cloves, minced
2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
10 large basil leaves, finely chopped
8 oz fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced in 1/2 inch thick slices
balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken, cover pan, and cook for about 10 minutes. Flip chicken breasts and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked thoroughly (or has reached an internal temp of 165°F).
- Remove chicken and place on a plate and cover with foil. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to sauté pan. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant, scraping up all the little bits of chicken left in the pan.
- Add tomatoes and continue sautéing until tomatoes skin starts to soften/wrinkle, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil and quickly place chicken back in pan. Top each chicken breast with 2 slices of mozzarella.
- Cover pan with lid and let the mozzarella melt, about 1-2 minutes. Drizzle with a splash of balsamic vinegar and serve immediately!
Balsamic vinegar comes in many forms. I really recommend a higher quality one – it truly does make a difference. A low quality balsamic vinegar is very thin – like water. A higher quality one is slightly thicker (not as thick as balsamic glaze, but somewhere in the middle of the two).
Original recipe visit: Caprese Chicken @ thenovicechefblog.com