1 cup all-purpose flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons melted butter , cooled to room temperature
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg , room temperature (place a bowl of lukewarm water for 5 minutes to warm up quickly)
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk , room temperature (microwave on high for 10 seconds then stir to warm up quickly)
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt. Set a side.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Once combined, add in the buttermilk and whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into your bowl with the flour mixture. Gently fold together using a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Then stir in the mini chocolate chips. Be careful not to overmix your pancake batter. Having a few lumps in the batter is totally ok. The batter will be thick.
- Preheat an electric griddle to 350F degrees or place a frying pan on the stove and turn to medium heat. Once the griddle or frying pan is hot, grease with oil or non-stick cooking spray. Using a 1/4 or 1/3 cup measuring cup to pour the batter into pancakes. Allow them to cook on the firs side until you see small bubbles forming in the batter (usually 2-4 minutes) then flip to the other side and fry for an additional 2-3 minutes until both sides are golden brown. Repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, fresh berries, or even ice cream for dessert!
Original recipe visit: Chocolate Chip Pancakes @ justsotasty.com