2 (20 oz) cans apple pie filling
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups caramel bits
1 box yellow cake mix
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13×9 casserole dish and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together apple pie filling, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into the casserole dish and smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with caramel bits and top with yellow cake mix. Smooth cake mix into an even layer.
- Cut butter into thin slices and evenly layer on top of the cake mix. You can add more cinnamon on top of the butter if you would like.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the edges are bubbling.
- Scoop into serving bowls and top with ice cream and caramel sauce.
Original Recipes visit: Caramel Apple Dump Cake @ thenovicechefblog.com