1 tablespoons active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
3 cups flour
1 cups hot water
1 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons butter , melted
1 clove garlic , minced
1/8 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
1/8 cup fresh parmesan cheese , shredded
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine yeast, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 cup warm water in a small bowl. Set aside 5 minutes until foamy.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, hot water, sugar and salt. Add in the yeast mixture and gently stir. Add remaining flour and stir until completely combined.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces and roll into breadsticks. Place on parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees while letting the dough rise (rise about 15 minutes).
- In a small bowl, combine butter and minced garlic. Microwave 20 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Brush butter mixture over breadsticks. Top with cheeses.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks @ spendwithpennies.com