4 medium potatoes (peeled and diced)
12 oz. ham, cooked and cubed
4 cups water
2 chicken bouillon cubes
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic pepper
5 TB butter
5 TB flour
2½ cups milk
1 cup cheddar cheese
- Combine potatoes, ham and water in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes (or when potatoes are tender).
- Add chicken bouillon cubes, salt and pepper. Mix.
- In another pan, melt butter on medium heat. Whisk in flour and stir constantly for about 1 minute. Slowly add milk and continue whisking until sauce thickens (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the milk mixture to your pot and cook soup until heated through.
- Add cheese right before serving. Top with scallions. Serve immediately.
Original Recipes visit: Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup @ lilluna.com