2 and 1/2 cups uncooked penne rigate
2 chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
4 oz cream cheese softened
1/4 cup half and half or whole milk
1 pkg dry Ranch mix
5 oz frozen spinach or half of a batch of fresh
1 and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Butter a 2 quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the packaging. Drain and keep warm.
- Dice chicken, season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, mix together sour cream, cream cheese, Ranch mix, half and half and spinach.
- Add cooked pasta and chicken to the spinach mixture and stir all together. Transfer the mixture into the prepared dish.
- At this point, you can cover the dish with saran wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If serving right away, top the dish with cheese and bake for 10 minutes at 375 degree F oven. The cheese should be melted. You can then turn the oven to broiler (on low setting) and broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese bubbles up and gets golden brown spots.
- Let stand in room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
Original Recipes visit: Cheesy Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta @ crunchycreamysweet.com