2 Tablespoons olive oil
small onion, chopped
1 pound ground beef
1 jar of spaghetti sauce*
1 can of diced tomatoes
20 oz. pack of fresh cheese tortellini**
3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté onions in olive oil, then add ground beef and brown.
- Drain ground beef and mix in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the tortellini and about half of the mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese to cover the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
*My family loves the Ragu Super Chunky Mushroom spaghetti sauce. So if I mention spaghetti sauce in my recipes, it’s this one unless otherwise mentioned.
**For this recipe, I used the three cheese tortellini. Although I’m sure other varieties would taste great, too.
Original Recipes visit: Baked Tortellini Casserole @ writtenreality.com