ULTIMATE Cherry Cheesecake Brownies – Layers of brownie, cheesecake, and cherry pie filling make these Cherry Cheesecake Brownies a pretty dessert for celebrating any event. Or just make them for an unexpected after dinner dessert and make everyone smile.
- 1 – 9×13 box brownie mix
- 1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 – 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 – 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- cherries with stems, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. You can also just spray the pan.
- Make brownies according to the package directions. Spread in the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add the extract, cornstarch, egg, and sweetened condensed milk and beat again until creamy.
- Pour or spoon the cheesecake batter very carefully onto the brownie batter. Spread out over the top to cover the brownies.
- Drop the pie filling by spoonfuls gently on the cheesecake layer. Swirl very carefully with a knife. Bake for 40-42 minutes. Remove and cool on the counter for 1 hour. Place in the refrigerator until chilled completely.
- Cut into 24 squares. Serve with Cool Whip and cherries, if desired. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.