The BEST Chicken-Bacon-Ranch Baked Penne – Penne pasta, creamy Alfredo, melty cheese, and crispy bacon come together to create this Chicken Bacon Ranch Baked Penne. This simple and delicious baked penne is anything but average. It’s filled with so many palate-pleasers that are sure to leave you wanting more!
Chicken-Bacon-Ranch Baked Penne Recipe
Chicken-Bacon-Ranch Baked Penne Recipe – Penne pasta, creamy Alfredo, melty cheese, and crispy bacon come together to create this Chicken Bacon Ranch Baked Penne. This simple and delicious baked penne is anything but average. It’s filled with so many palate-pleasers that are sure to leave you wanting more!
For Alfredo Sauce:
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup heaving whipping cream
1/2 cup milk (2% or whole milk)
3/4 cup salted butter
1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For Baked Penne:
1 pound penne pasta
1/2 pound cooked chicken breast, chopped (A rotisserie chicken works great in this recipe. I also like to add a little ranch seasoning to my chicken for added flavor. This is optional.)
1/2 cup prepared ranch dressing
6 sliced cooked bacon, chopped
1 cup freshly grated Mozzarella cheese
freshly chopped Parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Start on Alfredo Sauce: In a small bowl combine flour, heavy whipping cream and milk. Whisk until smooth and combined. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, add butter and cream cheese. Stir with a whisk until both are melted. (When they start to melt it will look curdled at first, but it will gradually smooth out.)
- Slowly add in flour/milk mixture to saucepan. Continue to whisk until mixture starts to thicken. This takes a few minutes. Once thickened and hot, remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese and garlic powder until sauce is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- For Baked Penne: Cook penne pasta in a large pot of water until al dente. Drain water and return pasta to pot. Add the cooked chicken, Alfredo sauce and ranch dressing. Carefully stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish; spreading out evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped bacon and Mozzarella cheese evenly all over the top. (You can lightly season with pepper, if desired.)
- Place dish in oven and bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until hot, bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh chopped Parsley, if desired. Enjoy!