2 tablespoons olive oil
1 sweet onion, diced
2 large carrots, sliced diagonally
2 celery ribs, cut in half length wise, and then sliced diagonally
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 bay leaf
1½ teaspoons dried thyme
8 cups chicken broth
⅔ cups quinoa, rinsed well
1½ cups shredded/chopped cooked chicken
salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large stock, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, the bay leaf, and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and quinoa and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the quinoa is cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and allow to cook a few minutes, until the chicken is thoroughly heated.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving. Enjoy!
Original Recipes visit: CHICKEN QUINOA SOUP @ happyhealthymama.com