6 ears of corn, husk and silk removed
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco*
1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Boil the corn for 3 minutes, then remove and allow to cool slightly so that they can be handled.
- Cut kernels off the cob into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, lime juice, chili powder, and chopped cilantro.
- Pour the chili lime mixture over the corn and mix to coat.
- Add the crumbled queso freso and stir. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.
*Queso fresco is a soft, mild, creamy Mexican cheese that can be crumbled easily. I found it at my local grocery store the cheese section, but if you cannot find it feta would be a good substitution.
Original Recipes visit: Chili Lime Sweet Corn Salad @ lovelylittlekitchen.com