1 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breasts cut into small pieces
1 1/2 cups cooked rice, I used basmati
1 green bell pepper chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup black beans
6 green onions chopped
1 cup queso duro shredded
1/2 cup cilantro chopped
3 tbsp taco seasoning
juice from 1 lemon
juice from 1 lime
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 avocado optional
- Heat olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium high heat. Season the chicken with the taco seasoning, add more if you want it spicier, and add chicken to skillet. Cook chicken for about 10 minutes until cooked through and starts to slightly brown. Remove chicken from skillet.
- To the same skillet add the corn and cook over high heat just until it starts to char a little bit, no more than 2 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss. Refrigerate leftovers, good for up to 5 days.
- If you don’t have queso duro cheese, you can use cheddar cheese.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Original Recipes visit: Mexican Chicken and Rice Salad @ jocooks.com