This Chocolate Covered Cherries Recipe is a must try! Chocolate covered cherries are my hubby’s favorite winter candy. Years ago I made him homemade chocolate covered cherries as a surprise during the holiday season. They turned out so well that he hates to buy pre-packaged chocolate covered cherries. He now begs! Yes… he BEGS me to make him homemade chocolate covered cherries. Last week I decided to make him up a big batch to enjoy over the next few weeks.
10 oz Maraschino Cherries
2 tbsp softened Butter
1 tsp Corn Syrup
1 tbsp liquid from Mariaschino Cherry
1/2 tsp Invertase
1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
12 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate
- Remove cherries from liquid and place on paper towel lined sheet to drain.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine butter, corn syrup, 1 tablespoon of liquid from cherries and invertase.
- Stir until blended.
- Gradually add powdered sugar. Mixture should come together and not be too sticky.
- Visit Chocolate Covered Cherries @ cincyshopper.com for full instructions.