Chocolate Poke Cake Recipe – Chocolate Poke Cake From Scratch is one of the most amazing and moist cakes you’ll ever have! A secret ingredient brings out the chocolatey goodness in the cake while adding a rich layer of homemade pudding keeps it extra moist! It’s all topped off with a simple one minute chocolate frosting!
Chocolate Poke Cake Recipe
SERVINGS 15 servings
1 3/4 cups flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup brewed coffee , cooled
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Pudding Layer
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons cornstarch
pinch of salt
2 1/4 cups milk
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup butter , softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease & flour a 9×13 inch pan.
- Combine milk & lemon juice and set aside. (The mixture will thicken slightly)
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda & baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, coffee, soured milk, oil and vanilla. Beat medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pans. (Your batter may seem runny at this point but it will bake up beautifully.)
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Be sure to check the cake at 30 minutes so it doesn’t over cook.
Recipe by: spendwithpennies.com