1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
5 tbsp butter
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tsp granulated Swerve Sweetener
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking mat with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, and baking powder. In a large saucepan, melt cheese and butter over low heat until it can be stirred together.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Stir in almond flour mixture until dough comes together (keep heat on low). It will still have some large streaks of cheese. Turn out dough onto a silicone mat or directly onto a kitchen counter and knead until uniform (this only takes a little kneading).
- Cover with parchment paper and roll out to a 10×10 inch square. Brush with half of the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sweetener and cinnamon. Sprinkle about 2/3 of this mixture over the rolled out dough.
- Fold dough in half and cut into 10 strips with a sharp knife or a pizza cutter. Hold both ends of one strip and twist gently in opposite directions two or three times. Lay twists on prepared baking sheet and brush with remaining melted butter. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon “sugar”.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sweetener, vanilla extract and just enough water to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled twists.
Original Recipes visit: Cinnamon Twists @ alldayidreamaboutfood.com