This coconut curry chicken dish caught my attention because the sauce is made of both tomato and coconut. I am a big fan tomato based sauces so I knew that this dish would taste great. After I made the dish and tasted the sweet and spicy tomato coconut curry chicken dish, I was not disappointed.
Servings: 6 servings
2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons curry powder
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 can (14 ounce) coconut milk
1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomato, drained
1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
- If you find that there is too much sauce for your taste, you can simmer for longer to reduce the sauce to the desired amount.
- A few people are wondering the type of curry powder I used. I used McCormick brand and is simply labeled as “Curry Powder”.
- Season the chicken chunks with salt and pepper.
- Mix curry powder and oil. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the curry oil mixture. Heat curry oil for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Visit Coconut Curry Chicken @ salu-salo.com for full instructions.