12 oz fresh cranberries, rinsed and picked through
¾ cup sugar
½ cup orange juice
½ cup water
pinch of salt
1 cinnamon stick
1 piece of orange peel
2 8.8 oz packages Original Stonefire naan flatbread
1 8 oz package brie
24 pecan halves
fresh thyme to garnish
- Combine sugar, orange juice, and water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine.
- Add cranberries, salt, cinnamon stick and orange peel.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Continue cooking, for about 10 minutes, or until all or most of the cranberries have popped.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut naan into pieces using a pizza cutter. Aim for 6 to 8 pieces per naan.
- Cut small wedges off the wheel of brie and place on top of the naan.
- Spoon a small amount of the cooled cranberry sauce on top of the brie. Top with a pecan half.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until brie starts to melt and bubble.
- Remove, top with a sprig of fresh thyme and serve immediately.
Original recipe visit: Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites @ momontimeout.com