Easy Creamy Pumpkin Crisp – a delicious dessert change from traditional pumpkin pie. Serve at Thanksgiving or Christmas, you’ll love the layers of flavor.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 box “Golden Butter Recipe” cake mix by Duncan Hines
- 1 – 2 cups chopped pecans (original recipe calls for 1 cup, but we really like pecans, so I use 2 cups)
- 1 cup butter , melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup Cool-Whip
- Butter a 9 X 13 pan.
- Fit bottom with wax paper or parchment paper and butter again.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin and evaporated milk.
- Pour into pan.
- Sift cake mix over pumpkin filling.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Press down on batter gently.
- Drizzle butter over top.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn upside down and peel away wax paper or parchment paper.
- Beat together frosting ingredients: cream cheese, powdered sugar and Cool-Whip.
- Frost and enjoy!