2 tbsp butter
1 small onion, diced small
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
1/4 cup flour
6 cups vegetable broth
1 (12-oz.) package Barilla Collezione Three Cheese Tortellini
1 (14-oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, well drained and roughly chopped
2 cups lightly packed spinach, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
shredded Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion to pot. Season with salt and pepper, then saute until softened and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Mix flour into pot, then cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly whisk in vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until almost al dente (about 7 to 8 minutes).
- Stir in artichokes and spinach.
- When spinach is wilted, add heavy cream. Mix well. (Do not boil.)
- Remove soup from heat, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup hot, sprinkled with Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy!
Original Recipes visit: Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup @ hellolittlehome.com