Delicious Crispy Honey Orange Glazed Salmon Recipe – Crispy Honey Orange Glazed Salmon fillets are pan-fried in the most beautiful honey-orange-garlic sauce, with a splash of soy for added flavour!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter,
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets, (170 grams each)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice, (about 1/2 an orange)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 an orange, sliced to serve
- Heat butter (or oil) in a pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear salmon skin-side up for 3-4 minutes. Flip and sear for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the orange juice and allow to reduce to half the quantity (it takes about 1 minute to reduce down if your pan is hot enough). Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds). Move the salmon to the sides of the pan and add in the honey and soy sauce, stirring well to combine all of the flavours together.
- Bring to a simmer until reduced to a nice syrup (this takes about another 30 seconds to 1 minute), and move the salmon around in the sauce to evenly coat. Remove from heat once the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper to your tastes. Drizzle with the sauce to serve. Best served over rice, noodles, steamed vegetables or with a salad.
To get those charred and crispy edges, broil (or grill) salmon in the last 2 minutes of cooking if you’re using an oven-safe pan or skillet. Be sure to preheat your broiler while the salmon is cooking on the stove.
Recipe by: cafedelites.com