1/2 cup butter
2 leeks sliced and rinsed well.
2 cloves garlic minced
8 oz mushrooms I used crimini mushrooms for added flavor
2-4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
4 cups chicken broth divided
3 cups chopped cauliflower
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese plus extra for serving
½ cup heavy cream
Salt & pepper to taste
Garnish- Sargento Fine Cut Shredded Cheddar Cheese bacon crumbles, green onion
- In a skillet melt the butter and then add cauliflower and leeks and cook for 5 min over medium heat.
- Stir in mushroom and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in 1 cup of chicken broth, scraping up any brown bits from skillet, then transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining broth.
- Cover and cook until cauliflower is tender (4-6 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high)
- Stir in cheddar cheese gradually until melted
- Stir in cream and let sit until heated (5 minutes)
- Season soup with salt and pepper to taste and serve topped with cheese, bacon and green onions
Original Recipes visit: Crock Pot Loaded Cauliflower Soup @ recipesthatcrock.com