Slow Cooker Chocolate Turtle Bread Pudding is a warm, comforting dessert with chocolate, caramel, and pecans. It’s a crockpot recipe that everyone will love!
yield: 10 SERVINGS
8 cups French bread cubes, about 1/2 of a 1 lb loaf
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup caramel bits
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup strong coffee
1 cup half-n-half
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
- Cut half of a one pound loaf of French bread into cubes.
- Place 8 cups of bread cubes into a lightly greased 3 1/2 – 4 quart crockpot.
- Top with chocolate chips, caramel bits and chopped pecans.
- In a bowl, mix together granulated sugar, brown sugar and cocoa powder. Add four slightly beaten eggs, vanilla, strong coffee, half-n-half and milk. Mix until completely blended.
- Slowly pour the mixture over the cubed bread.
- Carefully stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe by: thegunnysack.com