12 oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled
½ c. chopped onion
1 Tbsp. olive oil
5 egg whites
1 c. heavy cream (can substitute half & half or milk)
2 Tbsp. flour
1 c. Crystal Farms Shredded Swiss cheese
½ tsp. pepper
½ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a medium skillet. Add onion and cook until tender; add cooked, crumbled bacon and heat through.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, egg whites, cream, and flour and mix well.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Add onion and bacon from skillet and stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased 10 inch pie plate or similar sized baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 45 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up.
- Remove from oven; garnish with fresh minced chives.
- *Quiche can be eaten warm, cold, or at room temperature.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Crustless Quiche Lorraine @ lemontreedwelling.com