The BEST EVER Peanut Butter Cup Gooey Bars – these chocolate chip cookie bars are filled with peanut butter cups and gooey peanut butter sweetened condensed milk!
Yield: 36 Servings
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar packed
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup chocolate chips
30 Miniature Peanut Butter Cups see note
1 14 ounce can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13” baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray for easy removal.
- Stir together melted butter with both sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing completely. Mix in vanilla extract, salt, and baking soda. Mix flour in slowly. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a small bowl and add the peanut butter. Stir until smooth.
- Press half the cookie dough in the prepared pan. (Spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray so it won’t stick to you.) Top the dough with peanut butter cups.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk mixture over the top of the bottom layer (be careful to leave about ¼” edge around the pan so the milk doesn’t touch the foil), then break up the remaining cookie dough and place on top of milk. Press with your hands to flatten. It will mostly cover but not completely cover the bottom layer.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until the tops of the bars just start to get golden brown. Cool completely before slicing into bars.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month. These are best served room temperature.
Peanut Butter Cups:
- Use 1 (4 ounce) bag minis (the bite size ones that come unwrapped) OR
- About 30 miniatures that you unwrap and chop
Recipe by: crazyforcrust.com