An easy, creamy pumpkin fudge that can be made without a candy thermometer on the stovetop! Spiced with fall spices and topped off with white chocolate, this is a decadent and seasonal candy.
Servings: 20 pieces
3 cups premium white chocolate chips I recommend using Ghirardelli, I do not always get consistent results using other brands. (510g)
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (please note that this is condensed and NOT evaporated milk and that you are to use only 1/2 cup and NOT the whole can). (120ml)
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup pumpkin puree (55g)
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (click the link for my homemade pumpkin spice recipe)
1 drop orange gel food coloring optional, but it’s what will give your fudge that Fall pumpkin color.
1 Tablespoon cornstarch sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup white chocolate melting wafers optional, for drizzling (may use additional white chocolate chips instead, but the melting wafers will set faster). (85g)
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat, combine white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter.
- Stir frequently until chocolate chips and butter are mostly melted.
- Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice and stir well until all ingredients are completely combined (the chocolate and butter should be completely melted at this point). Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in food coloring, if using, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in cornstarch.
- Remove fudge from heat and spread into prepared pan.
- Transfer fudge to the refrigerator and chill until firm (preferably overnight).
- Once fudge has set, melt melting wafers according to package instructions and drizzle over fudge, if desired.
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe by: sugarspunrun.com