1 baked 9-inch pie shell
12 tablespoons butter (1½ sticks), softened
1 cup granulated sugar
4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted and cooled
1½ teaspoons vanilla
3 large eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and chocolate, and beat again on high until combined.
- Add one egg at a time, beating on high for 3 minutes after adding each egg.
- Continue whisking the mixture until it’s completely smooth and creamy.
- Scoop chocolate filling into the pie shell, and smooth out.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Top with whipped cream (I use Dream Whip because it’s yummy and easy, and unlike canned whipped cream, it won’t turn to liquid on you)
Original Recipes visit: French Silk Pie @ thegraciouswife.com