1 large tortilla or wrap
50 grams / 1.75 ounces feta cheese, mashed to a smooth paste with 3 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
a handful of tomato, chopped into small cubes (one medium tomato is about right)
a handful of chopped, cubed cucumber
a handful of chopped black olives
a handful of chopped, cubed green pepper
a large pinch of dried oregano
cocktail sticks (optional)
- Have all your prepared ingredients ready. Lay out a tortilla on a board or other clean work surface, then spread with the feta cheese and yoghurt mixture. Leave a small border clear around the edge.
- Sprinkle the salad veggies evenly all over the cheese, then sprinkle over the oregano and pepper.
- Roll the tortilla up as tightly as you can, then wrap in plastic wrap. Pop into the refrigerator for about half an hour to firm up a bit.
- Unwrap the tortilla and chop into about 8 even rounds. To serve, lay out flat on a plate (or stand on their sides and poke through with a cocktail stick – your choice!).
- You can prepare these ahead, then take them along to your party. Roll up, wrap in plastic wrap and take along to your party like this. Then slice when you get there. Just don’t prepare TOO far in advance. These certainly don’t keep very well until the next day.
- These are very easily adaptable according to what you’ve got in your fridge. Spead with cream cheese instead of the feta and yogurt mixture, if you like, then add chopped sundried tomatoes, bits of parma ham, grated cheese, fresh herbs, or whatever you like!
Original Recipes visit: Greek Tortilla Pinwheels @ scrummylane.com