Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe – Baked juicy ham and Swiss nestled in soft Hawaiian rolls and brushed with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping!! Fast, EASY, and a party FAVORITE!!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×9-inch or 9×13-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Using a large serrated knife, slice the rolls in half so you have a ‘slab’ of tops and a ‘slab’ of bottoms; don’t pull the rolls apart and slice individually because you want to keep them connected. Place the bottom ‘slab’ of rolls in prepared pan.
- Evenly layer about half of the ham over the rolls.
- Evenly layer the cheese.
- Evenly layer the remaining ham.
- Add the top ‘slab’ of rolls; set aside.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Add the mustard, poppy seeds, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Evenly and slowly pour the butter mixture over the rolls. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the tops. Some of the mixture will pool at the base of the rolls.
- Cover with aluminum foil and allow rolls to stand at room temp for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bake covered for about 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Uncover and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until as done as desired. Baking time will vary based on the size of pan used, climate and oven variances, etc. Bake until as done as desired; watch to make sure they don’t burn since all ovens and ingredients vary. Slice into individual sliders and serve immediately. Sliders are best warm and fresh.