1 cup uncooked tri-color quinoa
1 cup cubed and roasted butternut squash
1 apple, diced (I used a Gala apple)
1 green onion, thinly sliced
2 cups baby kale or spinach, chopped
1/3 cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
2 tablespoons pepitas (raw or roasted and salted)
Salt and pepper to taste
Cider vinaigrette for dressing the salad.
- In a medium sized saucepan bring 2 cups of salted water to a boil.
- Rinse and drain the quinoa then add it to the boiling water.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and let the quinoa cook for about 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Prepare the cider vinaigrette and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cooled quinoa, roasted butternut squash, apple, green onion, baby kale, dried cranberries, almonds and pepitas.
- Mix in the desired amount of cider vinaigrette and season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you plan to make the salad ahead of time, wait until just before serving to add in the toasted almonds so that they stay crunchy.
Original recipe visit: Harvest Quinoa Salad @ reciperunner.com