1 Tbsp (7 g) coconut flour
2 Tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp (45 ml) unsweetened almond milk*
1/2 medium ripe banana, mashed (50 g or 1/4 cup)
1/2 Tbsp (8 g) nut/seed butter of choice**
2 tsp (8 g) coconut palm sugar***
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
sprinkle of dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Add coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder to a microwave-safe mug or bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Add milk and mashed banana, stirring until no clumps remain. Add nut butter, sugar, and vanilla, mixing well to ensure that everything is fully incorporated.
- Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on microwave strength and thickness of mug. If brownie has not set by then, continue to microwave in 30 sec intervals until desired consistency is reached.
- Carefully remove from microwave (mug will be hot!), sprinkle with chocolate chips,**** grab a spoon, and enjoy!
* If you don’t have almond milk, or you want to make this nut-free, use any milk (rice, soy, dairy, etc.) you have on hand.
** I’ve used roasted almond butter and soy nut butter, but feel free to use any nut/seed butter you have on hand.
*** You could also sub this with regular brown sugar or granulated sugar. OR use 1 tsp. of maple syrup or agave to make this refined sugar free.
**** You want to add the chocolate chips after baking or the brownie might not rise as well. It’ll still be hot enough coming out of the microwave to melt the chips.
Original recipe, more pictures, and nutrition facts visit: Healthy Two Minute Brownies @ runningwithspoons.com