1/3 cup tomato paste
1/2 cup water
3 1/2 Tablespoons honey or agave or maple syrup
1 Tablespoon molasses
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the tomato paste, water, honey, molasses, and apple cider vinegar. Stir well. Add the spices and stir until incorporated.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you would prefer a thinner sauce, add an additional 2-3 Tablespoons of water.
- Makes about one pint. Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Original Recipes visit: Homemade Barbecue Sauce @ theprettybee.com