8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions (half of a 1-pound box)
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil for sauce + 1 tablespoon for cooking chicken
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning blend for sauce + more for sprinkling over chicken
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
leaves from 2 or 3 sprigs of thyme, optional and to taste
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Pasta – Cook according to directions on box, drain, and set aside.
- Chicken – To a medium bowl or large measuring cup, add the honey, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning, salt, pepper, optional thyme, and stir to combine; set sauce aside.
- To a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, add chicken, generously sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning, and cook chicken over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, flipping intermittently so all sides cook evenly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. Chicken should be about 90% cooked through.
- Turn heat to medium-low, and carefully add the sauce noting that it may bubble up in the first few seconds.
- Allow sauce to bubble at a low boil for about 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and reduced some, and chicken is cooked through. Stir sauce and flip chicken intermittently throughout.
- Add pasta to skillet with the chicken and toss to combine and coat. Serve immediately. Chicken and pasta are best warm and fresh, but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat gently prior to serving.
Original Recipes visit: Honey Lemon Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta @ averiecooks.com