1¼ cups hot water
1½ cup sugar, divided
1 cup flour
¾ cup cocoa, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
⅓ cup melted butter
1½ teaspoons vanilla
½ cup brown sugar
Vanilla ice cream to serve on the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together ¾ cup sugar, flour, ½ cup cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Spray 9-inch baking dish or an 11×7 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- In small mixing bowl, add the rest of the sugar, the rest of the cocoa, and the brown sugar. Stir to incorporate ingredients. Sprinkle this over the chocolate batter in the baking dish.
- Pour the hot water over the top. Don’t stir the water in!
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until the center is done.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and then serve immediately with ice cream.
Original recipe and notes of recipe visit: Hot Fudge Pudding Cake @ chef-in-training.com