2 tbsp of olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 lb of Italian sausage
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 24oz. jar of Ragu Marinara sauce
1 cup Half&Half
5 cups cooked bow tie pasta
3 handfuls of spinach
Chopped parsley to garnish
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes until it softens.
- While the onions are cooking, remove the casing from the sausage and form small meatballs.
- Add the meatballs to the onion, increase the heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes. (The meatballs don’t need to be cooked through at this point, as they will cook further in the sauce).
- Add the garlic to the meatballs, cook for 1 minute and then add Marinara sauce, Half&Half and pasta. Stir everything together, cover with tight lid, reduce the heat to medium-low again and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the pasta, stir and turn off the heat. Let it rest with the lid on for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with fresh chopped parsley or Parmesan cheese.
Original recipe visit: Italian Sausage Bow Tie Pasta @ adishofdailylife.com