This Lemon Meringue Pie Fudge is like lemon meringue pie in fudge form! It’s fudge with a crust!! Easy, fast, no cook – this is the perfect lemon fudge recipe.
1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs shortbread, lemon shortbread, or lemon cookies – I used 1 package of lemon shortbread cookies
3 tablespoons butter melted (see notes)
4 cups about 2 bags white chocolate chips, divided
1 can 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
Optional: for more punch of lemon add about 1/2-1 teaspoon lemon zest
2-3 drops yellow food coloring if desired
3/4 cup marshmallow fluff
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter and press into an 8×8 or 9×9 pan that has been coved with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool while you prepare filling.
- Place one cup of white chocolate chips in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place remaining 3 cups of white chocolate chips in a medium saucepan. Add the sweetened condensed milk and heat over medium-low heat, stirring, until melted.
- While you are cooking the chips and SCM in the pan, place the bowl of chips in the microwave and heat, on 50% power, for about 1-2 minutes, stirring each 30 seconds.
- Once the chips and SCM in the pan have melted, remove from heat and stir in lemon extract, zest (if using), and food coloring. Pour over crust.
- Working quickly, stir fluff into the white chocolate chips you melted in the microwave. The chocolate will seize a little, but that’s okay. If needed, microwave an additional 15 seconds to help the mixture stir together. Drop chunks of the fluff mixture on top of the lemon fudge and use a knife or offset spatula to swirl into the top. Cool on counter for about 10-15 minutes and then chill until set. Slice and serve.