2 pounds zucchini (approx. 4-5 large zucchini), spiralized
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 large red onion (or two small), thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup fresh basil
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
shredded parmesan for topping (optional)
- Start by warming the olive oil in a large pot over low to medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Next add the zucchini noodles to the pot and season them with salt & pepper. Cover the pot with a lid and allow to cook for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Add the tomatoes to the pot and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or so. I prefer to use tongs to toss the noodles so that they cook evenly and I also like them a little firm. You can taste test a piece of zucchini noodle at this point to see if it’s soft enough for your liking. If not, continue to cook for another couple of minutes.
- Lastly, add the fresh basil, crushed red pepper (if using), and parmesan cheese (optional) to the pot then stir together. Divide the pasta onto separate plates and garnish with fresh basil. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. The zucchini will produce a little bit of water as it sits but you can just pour it out before reheating.
Original Recipes visit: One Pot Zucchini Pasta @ makingthymeforhealth.com