6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 20-oz can pineapple slices in 100% juice, drained, juice reserved
1 cup barbecue sauce (we used Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce)
2 teaspoons orange zest
2 teaspoons peeled, grated fresh ginger
½ cup reserved pineapple juice
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar (optional)
- Stir together the barbecue sauce, orange zest, grated ginger, ½ cup of the reserved pineapple juice and brown sugar if using. Set aside half the sauce for serving with the chicken.
- Dip folded paper towels in cooking oil. Use tongs to hold the folded oiled paper towels to clean and oil the grill. Set the towels aside to use again before grilling the pineapple.
- Sear the chicken breasts over a hot grill, basting with half the barbecue sauce. Cook until the juices are clear and the breasts are cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes on each side.
- Oil the grate of the grill and cook the pineapple slices until lightly charred.
- Serve the chicken with a slice or two of pineapple. Pass the remaining barbecue sauce.
If your barbecue sauce is already sweet, omit the brown sugar
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Orange Barbecue Grilled Chicken @ savingdessert.com