This will make around 16-18 cupcakes. I was able to get 20 cupcakes out of this batter but that’s because I don’t like filling my cupcake liners too much with batter. I usually fill them 1/2 or 2/3 full and never more than that.
Yield: 16-18 cupcakes
For the cupcakes
All purpose flour: 1.5 cups
Baking powder: 1.5 tsp
Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Granulated white sugar: 3/4 cup
Brown sugar: 1/2 cup
Oil: 3/4 cup [I used vegetable oil]
Buttermilk: 1 cup
Vanilla: 1 tsp [use pure vanilla extract]
Oreo: 1.25 cups, broken into small pieces + 16-18 Oreo halves
Eggs: 2, at room temperature
For the Cookies & Cream Frosting
Cream cheese: 4 oz, softened
Butter: 3/4 cup [1.5 stick], unsalted & at room temperature [it should still be firm to touch]
Confectioners sugar: 3-3.5 cups
Vanilla: 3/4 tsp
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Heavy cream/milk: 2-3 tbsp
Oreo crumbs: 1 cup, Oreos completely crushed in a blender & then strained
Mini oreos: for decorating the cupcakes
- Line a muffin pan with cupcakes liners, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a bowl sift together all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the steel bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment or using hand mixer, beat the eggs and both the sugars together till creamy & pale in color, around 3-4 minutes.
- Add oil, vanilla and mix till combined.
- Visit Oreo Cupcakes With Cookies & Cream Frosting @ cookwithmanali.com for full instructions.