8 Oreo cookies
1 ounce cream cheese
8 large strawberries, washed and dried very well
4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate (or almond bark)
2 additional Oreos or Sprinkles, optional
- Place 8 Oreos in a food processor with cream cheese. Process until a thick paste forms (scraping down the sides of the food processor as needed). Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and scoop one tablespoon balls of truffle onto the cookie sheet (about 8). Chill until strawberries are ready.
- Slice the stem off the strawberry and scoop out the center with a small melon baller. Wipe the edge of the berry as dry as possible.
- Place chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl. I like to use paper Dixie bowls for easy clean up. Heat on high power in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Place remaining 2 Oreos into a plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin. (Those are for decoration, feel free to use sprinkles instead.) I recommend dividing the chocolate into two bowls in case it’s in a finicky mood and seizes. If that happens, drizzle the chocolate over the top of the berry instead of dipping it.
- To assemble the berries: place an Oreo truffle in each strawberry cavity. Dip the tops in the chocolate, then sprinkle with crushed Oreos or Sprinkles. Sometimes the chocolate can have trouble with the wet berries, so make sure to dry them as much as possible before dipping.
- Place the dipped berries back on the cookie sheet and chill until set. Store in the refrigerator. Best eaten the same day they are made.
This recipe is easily doubled or cut in half.
Original recipe visit: Oreo Truffle Dipped Strawberries @ crazyforcrust.com