No holiday party is complete without a big bowl of reindeer chow! This Christmas chex mix is loaded with chocolate flavor and is perfect for feeding a crowd.
6 cups Rice Chex cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup dry brownie mix or 1 cup powdered sugar mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 bag Christmas M&M’s 12 ounce bag
2 cups mini peanut butter cups
2 cups pretzel twists
- Place the cereal in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave the chocolate mixture for 30 second intervals until melted; stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and use a spatula to gently toss the cereal in the chocolate until completely coated.
- Place the brownie mix inside a resealable gallon sized plastic bag. Add the chocolate coated cereal. Seal, then shake until cereal is coated in the brownie mix.
- Spread the cereal out in a single layer on a sheet of parchment paper; cool completely until dry.
- Combine the cereal, M&M’s, peanut butter cups and pretzel twists, then serve.
- Adapted from Your Cup of Cake
- To make this reindeer chow peanut free, use white candy melts instead of peanut butter in the chex and swap out the peanut butter cups for mini marshmallows.