These Christmas Light Cupcakes are made with an embellished chocolate cake mix and the best vanilla buttercream frosting. They are adorable for Christmas and perfect for bake sales.
yield: 18 CUPCAKES
1 box milk chocolate cake mix
1 small box chocolate instant pudding mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
store-bought black frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two muffin tins with 18 paper liners.
- Add cupcake ingredients to the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat well, about 3 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin tin. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Using a large round tip, pipe buttercream in a swirl onto the cupcakes.
- Draw a black line around the surface of the frosting. Stick M&Ms vertically into the side of the cupcakes.
- Vanilla cake mix and vanilla instant pudding can be used for Vanilla Christmas cupcakes.