If you are needing some Christmas food gift inspiration, these Caramel and Chocolate Pretzel Rods will be perfect for gifting this holiday season. Simple to make, no need to buy gourmet.
1/2 cup light Corn syrup
1/2 cup Sugar
3 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
15 Pretzel Rods
8 oz Melting Chocolate
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place corn syrup in a medium pan and heat over medium heat.
- When corn syrup is heated (starting to bubble) add sugar and stir until well mixed.
- Let syrup cook without stirring until it turns a golden color.
- Remove from heat add butter and stir until blended.
- Slowly add cream while stirring constantly to blend.
- Transfer caramel to tall cup for dipping.
- Dip each pretzel rod in caramel and place on prepared tray.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow caramel to set.
- Heat chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until melted and smooth.
- Transfer to tall cup for dipping.
- Dip each caramel coated pretzel in chocolate to coat and return to tray.
- Sprinkle with decorations while still warm.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set.