1 pound chicken breasts
4 cups broccoli florets chopped
1 cup uncooked wild rice blend, rinsed and drained
1 small onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 tsp EACH dried oregano, cumin, salt, pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 cups half and half (I use nonfat)
1 14.5 oz. jar Prego Homestyle Alfredo
2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
sharp cheddar cheese , Freshly grated
Cooked and crumbled bacon (optional)
- Add chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker followed by all of the ingredients up to the cornstarch (do not add cornstarch and ingredients after). Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low 6-7 hours, or until chicken is tender enough to shred and rice is cooked.
- Remove chicken and allow to rest 5 minutes before shredding or chopping if preferred.
- Meanwhile, whisk half and half with cornstarch and add to slow cooker. Add chicken and cook on HIGH for 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Alfredo followed by cheese, stirring until melted.
- Taste and add additional salt, pepper, red pepper as desired. If you would like a less “chunky” soup, stir in additional broth/half and half.
- Garnish individual servings with freshly cheese and bacon (optional).
Original Recipes visit: Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, Wild Rice Soup @ carlsbadcravings.com