2 large chicken breasts, about 1 pound total
1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cups of finely shredded parmesan cheese, 4 oz
1/2 pound of uncooked penne pasta, about 2 1/2 cups measured
1/4 cup to 1/2 a cup of hot water
kosher salt and black pepper
- Add chicken breasts, heavy cream, chicken broth, olive oil and one teaspoon of salt to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about four hours, until chicken has reached 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside to cool and shred.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of hot water and penne pasta, cover and cook on high for about 30 minutes. Just until pasta is tender.
- Once pasta is tender, stir in parmesan cheese, shredded chicken and additional salt and black pepper to taste.
- Thin sauce with additional hot water, only if needed.
Original recipe visit: Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo @ number-2-pencil.com