2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup of diced onion
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon of kosher salt and several turns of freshly ground pepper
2 heaping tablespoons of diced chipotle in adobo
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 15oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 15oz can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
6 oz of Mexican-style lager beer
Freshly Chopped Tomatoes
Fresh Cilantro or Green Onions
- Combine whole chicken breasts, onion, garlic, crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, chipotle in adobo, seasoning, beans and beer in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for about 4 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts, shred and return to slow cooker.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Top with cheese, fresh tomatoes, avocados, sour cream and fresh cilantro.
Original Recipes visit: Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili @ number-2-pencil.com